Abt 1740 - 1810 (70 years)
||John P. Hamilton [1, 2, 3, 4] |
||Brookville, Bracken Co., Kentucky
||Bracken Co., Kentucky
- John Sr. came from Northern Ireland and landed in Baltimore in 1763 or ‘64, having met Elizabeth on board the ship. After the war, he moved his family to Bracken Co., Kentucky in 1797. He appears on 22 Nov. 1799 as John Sr. on the Bracken County census. His will appears in Bracken County on 10 August 1802. It names wife Elizabeth, sons John, Edward, Samuel David, daughters Sarah, Elizabeth.
One other source: Donna Jean (Hamilton) Cochrane, "Hamilton: Early Kentucky Settlers, Bracken Co." Donna Cochrane died in 2001. [2, 5, 6]
||20 Aug 2023 |
|Spouse / Partner
||Elizabeth, b. Ireland d. 10 Nov 1828, Brookville, Bracken Co., Kentucky |
|+||1. John P. Hamilton, Jr., b. 1 Nov 1765, Baltimore Co., Maryland d. 11 Jul 1849, ? Kentucky or Pennsylvania (Age 83 years)|
|+||2. James Edward "Ned" Hamilton, b. Abt 1769, Pennsylvania d. Aft 23 Apr 1826, Bracken Co., Kentucky (Age > 57 years)|
|+||3. Samuel Hamilton, b. Abt 1774, Pennsylvania d. Abt 1832, Bracken Co., Kentucky (Age 58 years)|
| ||4. David Hamilton, b. Abt 1776, Pennsylvania d. Abt 1824 (Age 48 years)|
| ||5. Sarah Hamilton, b. Abt 1778, Pennsylvania |
| ||6. Elizabeth Hamilton, b. Abt 1780, Pennsylvania |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||20 Aug 2023 |
This page collects the people on this site who served in the Revolutionary War. Some are militia; some served in the Line troops. It includes both loyalists and patriots. There may well be others on the tree who should be included. Some could use more secure evidence: genealogical histories often say that someone "fought in the Revolution," but this can be family legend rather than fact.
Sources are cited under each person's page. War and Pension records can be found on line at the National Archives. Genealogies can be ordered from the DAR and the SAR, but their lists only include those whom people have used to join, not all veterans.
- [S22] Frances Frazee Hamilton, Ancestral lines of the Doniphan, Frazee and Hamilton Families , 553, 565-81.
- [S23] Donna Jean Hamilton Cochrane, Hamilton: Early Kentucky Settlers, (Privately published, 1999).
- [S59] S.A.R. Application.
- [S583] D.A.R. application.
- [S637] "Second Census" of Kentucky 1800, (Genealogical Publishing: Frankfort, KY), 122.
- [S911] Annie Walker Burns, Records of Abstract of Wills of Bracken County: Brooksville: Kentucky: For the Period of years 1796-1851 Inclusive, 8.
This site powered by v. 14.0.1, written by Darrin Lythgoe © 2001-2023.
Genealogy at Pitard.net - created and maintained by Copyright © 2004-2023 All rights reserved. | .