1753 - 1810 (57 years)
||Jonathan Sellman [1, 2] |
||2 Mar 1753 
||21 May 1810 
||All Hallows Church, Birdsville, Anne Arundel Co., Maryland [5, 6]
||30 Nov 2023 |
|Spouse / Partner
||Anne Elizabeth Harwood, b. 11 Dec 1768 d. 29 Aug 1824 (Age 55 years) |
||27 May 1794
||All Hallows Parish, Anne Arundel Co., Maryland [1, 4, 7, 8]
|+||1. Ann Sellman, b. 1 Jul 1795, All Hallows Parish, Anne Arundel Co., Maryland d. 19 Jul 1824 (Age 29 years)|
|+||2. Col. Alfred Sellman, b. 10 Sep 1797, All Hallows Parish, Anne Arundel Co., Maryland d. 19 May 1854 (Age 56 years)|
|+||3. Col. Richard Sellman, b. 13 Jul 1799, All Hallows Parish, Anne Arundel Co., Maryland d. 12 Feb 1861 (Age 61 years)|
|+||4. Elizabeth Sellman, b. 25 Mar 1801 d. 11 Apr 1864 (Age 63 years)|
|+||5. Dr. John Henry Sellman, b. 27 Jun 1806 d. 11 Jul 1851 (Age 45 years)|
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||30 Nov 2023 |
This page collects the people on this site who served in the Revolutionary War. Some are militia; some served in the Line troops. It includes both loyalists and patriots. There may well be others on the tree who should be included. Some could use more secure evidence: genealogical histories often say that someone "fought in the Revolution," but this can be family legend rather than fact.
Sources are cited under each person's page. War and Pension records can be found on line at the National Archives. Genealogies can be ordered from the DAR and the SAR, but their lists only include those whom people have used to join, not all veterans.
- [S118] Thomson King, Duckett Family tree chart.
- [S210] J.D. Warfield, The Founders of Anne Arundel and Howard Counties, Maryland, (Baltimore: Regional Publishing Co.), 479-80.
- [S141] Betty L. DeKeyser, Anne Arundel Readings, 5.
- [S101] Betty L. DeKeyser, Anne Arundel Readings, 4.
- [S69] MDGenWebProject, MDGenWeb, Anne Arundel Co., cemetery transcriptions.
- [S121] Tombstone Inscriptions of Southern Anne Arundel County, (Baltimore: Gateway Press), 331-32.
- [S17] Harry Wright Newman, Anne Arundel Gentry (Rpt.): A Genealogical History of Some Early Families of Anne Arundel Co., Maryland, (Rpt. Delaware: Colonial Roots), 3.69.
- [S125] F. Edward Wright, Anne Arundel County: Church Records of the 17th and 18th Centuries, (Westminster, MD: Willow Bend Books), 62.
This site powered by v. 14.0.1, written by Darrin Lythgoe © 2001-2023.
Genealogy at Pitard.net - created and maintained by Copyright © 2004-2023 All rights reserved. | .