1752 - 1817 (65 years)
||Joseph Coombs  |
||10 Mar 1752
||Brunswick, Cumberland Co., Maine 
||22 Nov 1817
||South Thomaston, Knox Co., Maine 
||Weskeag Village Cemetery, South Thomaston, Knox Co., Maine 
- Eaton and the Gamble history show that he had 9 children. 
||30 Nov 2023 |
|Spouse / Partner
||Elizabeth Gamble, b. 3 Jun 1755, Thomaston, Knox Co., Maine d. 28 Dec 1845, South Thomaston, Knox Co., Maine (Age 90 years) |
||6 Jun 1776 
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||30 Nov 2023 |
This page collects the people on this site who served in the Revolutionary War. Some are militia; some served in the Line troops. It includes both loyalists and patriots. There may well be others on the tree who should be included. Some could use more secure evidence: genealogical histories often say that someone "fought in the Revolution," but this can be family legend rather than fact.
Sources are cited under each person's page. War and Pension records can be found on line at the National Archives. Genealogies can be ordered from the DAR and the SAR, but their lists only include those whom people have used to join, not all veterans.
- [S275] Greenleaf Cilley and Jonathan P. Cilley, The Mt. Desert Widow: Genealogy of the Maine Gamble Family from First Landing . . ., (Rockland, Me.: Knox County Historical and Genealogical Magazine), 6-7.
- [S94] Cyrus Eaton, The History of Thomaston, Rockland, and South Thomaston, Maine from Their First Exploration, A.S. 1605; with Family Genealogies, (Hallowell: Masters, Smith, & Co.), 2.184.
- [S686] Awesome Findagrave Contributors, findagrave.com.
- [S275] Greenleaf Cilley and Jonathan P. Cilley, The Mt. Desert Widow: Genealogy of the Maine Gamble Family from First Landing . . ., (Rockland, Me.: Knox County Historical and Genealogical Magazine).
This site powered by v. 14.0.1, written by Darrin Lythgoe © 2001-2023.
Genealogy at Pitard.net - created and maintained by Copyright © 2004-2023 All rights reserved. | .