- The two of this couple's children included here, Rebeckah and Israel, marry into cousins on the root tree for this site which includes the ancestors of John Lansdale Jr.
According to Worrall, this couple founded Goose Creek Meeting. Note that a biography exists of her by genealogist Polly Grose.
Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy [vol. 6]: Virginia
[p.609] GOOSE CREEK MONTHLY MEETING Loudon County, Virginia
(HISTORICAL) On account of the importance to Virginia Quaker Records of Jacob & Hannah (INGLEDUE) Janney & their 12 child: Rebekah, Blackstone, Jonas, Joseph, Phebe, Jacob, Israel, Aquila, Elisha, Abel, Hannah & Thomas, I have compiled the following data concerning them from several Meetings' Minutes and records, including: Falls monthly meeting, Pa. Hope well monthly meeting, Va., Fairfax monthly meeting, Va., Goose Creek monthly meeting, Va., Alexandria monthly meeting. Va. & Pipe Creek monthly meeting, Md. taking the data from Marriages, births, deaths, certs of removal & Minutes of the various meetings, also from Vol II of my Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy and from Mahlon H. Janney's "Janney Genealogy" (Wm. Wade Hinshaw 1947):
Jacob born Bucks Co. Pa. (date unknown) died 3-9-1786 buried 5-9-1786 in Va. son Joseph & Rebecca (BILES) Janney of Bucks Co. Pa. marry 20 3-1742 at Falls meetinghouse Pa. Hannah INGLEDUE born 9 5-1725 in Philadelphia Pa died 23-2-1818 in Va. daughter Blackstone Ingledue of Philadelphia Pa. Jacob & Hannah (INGLEDUE) Janney came to Loudon Co. Va. (then a part of Fairfax Co. Va.) with a certificate from Falls monthly meeting Bucks Co. Pa. dated 5-8-1743 directed to Hopewell monthly meeting Va. which Meeting then had control of all meetings in these parts. They settled about 8 miles from Fairfax Meeting House in Fairfax Co. near the home of Amos Janney (his cousin) who had come here in 1733, at whose house Fairfax Meeting was originally held. After Fairfax monthly meeting was established in 1745 Jacob & Hannah & child were transferred from Hopewell monthly meeting to the new Fairfax monthly meeting. When Goose Creek monthly meeting was established 26-12-1785 their membership was transfer red from Fairfax monthly meeting to Goose Creek monthly meeting, they having already been attached to Goose Creek particular or preparative meeting since about 1754, when Goose Crk Meeting House was first built near their home in what was then Loudon Co. Va. (formerly included in Fairfax Co.)
Ch: of Jacob & Hannah (INGLEDUE) Janney Folio I of Goose Creek monthly meeting
1. Rebekah born 1742 died 28-2-1824 marry (1) 7-10-1762 at Fairfax meetinghouse Thomas GREGG, Jr. son Thomas & Dinah (HARLAN) Gregg, marry (2) [p.661] as his 2nd wife 28-6-1802, Jacob McKAY son Robert & Patience (JOB) McKay, had 9 child by Thomas Gregg viz: Rebeckah, Samuel, Hannah, Jacob, Dinah, Amy, Israel, Jesse & Thomas (surnamed GREGG)
2. Blackstone born 7-9-1745 in Va. marry 22-3-1769 Mary NICHOLS daughter Thomas & Lydia (HAYES) Nichols, 8 child: Lydia, Hannah, Eli, Mary, Phebe, Jacob, Thomas Jefferson & Blackstone Jr.
3. Jonas born 1747 died 5mo-1834 married contrary to discipline 1774 Ruth JANNEY (1st cousin) daughter Abel & Parah (BAKER) Janney, both disowned 30-7-1774 & both reinstate reinstated 1787 by Fairfax monthly meeting, 8 child: Abel, Geo., Rebecca, Sarah, Hannah, Ruth, Jonas, Jr. & Elisha
4. Joseph born 30-11-1749 died 6-7-1829, marry at Fairfax meetinghouse 4-6-1778 Mary HOLMES born 28-8-1757 died 4-7-1823, daughter Wm. & Mary (COOE) Holmes, 9 child: Amos, Stephen, Aaron, Rachel, Mary, Joseph, Jacob, Hannah & Rebecca
5. Phebe (no dates) disowned married out of unity to Bennett (non member) 27-1-1770, living in Green Co. Pa. 1839
6. Jacob died before 1784 (his father's will) marry 14-10-1780 Sarah HARRIS daughter Moses & Elizabeth (PLUMMER) Harris (Pipe Creek meetinghouse Md) child: 2 sons; Jacob & Moses (Jacob's widow, Sarah (HARRIS) Janney marry 2nd at Goose Creek meetinghouse 16-12-1784 Samuel GOVER of Pipe Creek, Md. by whom she had 14 more child, one of whom; Anthony Poultney Gover marry 8-11-1815 Sarah JANNEY child of Elisha & Albinah (GREGG) Janney (See GOVER)
7. Israel born 28-5-1752 died 18-8-1823 marry (1) 5-5-1773 Pleasant HAGUE who died 4-3-1779 daughter Francis & Jane (YARDLEY) Hague 4 child:Jane, Abijah, Sarah & Phineas. Israel marry (2) 17-8-1790 Ann PLUMMER daughter Joseph & Sarah (Pipe Creek Md) 7 child: David, Pleasant, Jonathan, Daniel, Israel, Jr., Lot Tavenner & Deborah
8. Aquila born 16-10-1758 died 1805, marry 12-5-1785 at Hopewell meetinghouse, Va. Ruth McPHERSON born 27-11-1751 died 15-9-1821 daughter Daniel & Mary (RICHARDSON) McPherson 9 child: Isaac R., Jacob, Hannah, Daniel, William, Rebecca, Aquila, Israel R. & Mary Ann (Ruth, widow of Aquila marry (2) as 2nd wife at Berkley meetinghouse, Va. James MENDENHALL)
9. Elisha born 12-5-1761 died 18-7-1827 marry (1) 19-4-1786 at Hockessan meetinghouse Pa. Albinah GREGG (who died 2-9-1787) child: daughter Sarah marry (2) 4-3-1795 under care (of mtg) Goose Creek monthly meeting Va. Loudon Co. Mary GIBSON at So. Fork meetinghouse, Va. daughter John & Ruth (JANNEY) Gibson (For child see Alexandria monthly meeting Va.) (Albinah GREGG 1st wife of Elisha Janney was daughter Michael & Sarah (CARPENTER) Gregg of Pa.)
10. Abel "probably died young" (Janney Genealogy)
11. Hannah marry 28-9-1786 at Goose Creek meetinghouse, Va. as his 2nd wife Robert WHITACRE she died 6 married out of society later (See Robert WHITACRE)
12. Thomas born 1768 died Clark Co. Ill 1847 marry (Miss) WHITE said to have 2 child [4, 5]