- He and his wife were married "at the house of Katherine Henderson in Dunclady, County Antrim." He was received 6 mo. 8, 1724, from Ballynacree Meeting, County Antrim, Ireland. Myers cites Passmore as the source for this family; he notes, correctly, that Passmore got his wife's surname name wrong.
Klein, Frederick. The History of Lancaster County (1926):
The first meeting house was erected by Sadsbury Quakers in 1725, and though the Presbyterians raised their Upper Octorara Church a few years earlier, it was not until about 1727 that the Middle Octorara Presbyterian Church was erected. The other denominations did not build churches for several decades thereafter.
In 1724 Andrew Moore and Samuel Miller petitioned for the establishment of a Particular Meeting in Sadsbury township, and for the erection of a meetinghouse. This was accomplished in 1725, a log house being then raised. In 1737 the Sadsbury Monthly Meeting was established, and draw Quakers from Leacock, Lampeter, and Salisbury. Leacock cooperated with Sadsbury to secure this Monthly Meeting status, and all gathered at Sadsbury until 1749, when a larger meetinghouse was built at Bird-in-Hand, East Lampeter township. Then Leacock Monthly Meeting was established, and was continued at that point until 1854, by which time so many Quakers of the Lampeters and Leacocks had moved "toward the great West," that it was decided to take the Monthly Meeting to Sadsbury.
Sadsbury Meeting: The Sadsbury meetinghouse of the Hicksite branch, was erected of stone in 1748, it is believed. Its solid stone walls rise to a height of two stories, and when first built supported high galleries. These galleries, and in fact almost all of the interior woodwork, were burned during the Revolutionary War; and when the repairing was taken in hand by Joseph Guest, who had charge of the original carpentry, it was decided to lay a floor on the second story, in place of galleries. This arrangement has continued to the present. It is not used now, excepting occasionally for funeral services. The building was at one time used by the Amish Mennonites. Among the Quakers who were early members of this church were Andrew and James Moore, Nail Mooney, James Clemson, James Clemson, Jr., Anthony Shaw, Jane Jones, Sarah Metcalf, Isaac Taylor, Samuel Miller, John Aaron, and Thomas Musgrave, Robert Moore, Calvin Cooper, John Truman, and Asahel Walker.
The original site of the meetinghouse was part of what is known as the "Servant's Tract," or the "Christiana Tract." A later addition, bringing the church property to seventy acres, was purchased from Thomas Richard and John Penn. When the division into Hicksite and Orthodox Friends occurred, the former society retained possession of the church property.
According to Cope and Fulthey,
"Samuel Smith says that in 1724 Samuel Miller and Andrew Moore made application, on behalf of themselves and their friends settled about Sadsbury, for liberty to build a meeting-house, which being granted by the Quarterly Meeting, they built one in 1725, which goes by the name of Sadsbury.
In 1722 a committee appointed by Chester Quarterly Meeting visited Friends of Conestoga and Octorara, and reported that they inclined to meet together. In 1723 it was reported that at Octorara were some "of a contentious spirit, and not worthy to be esteemed of our society." In the latter part of 1723 "meetings" are mentioned at both places, but they were probably of an informal character. 9th month 9, 1724, things at Octorara are reported hopeful, and in the 12th month they desire a committee to help fix on a site for a meeting-house. The committee failed to settle the question, but on 9th month 8, 1725, ‘This meeting being informed that those friends of Sadsbury have agreed amongst themselves of a place to Build a meeting-house on, which this meeting approves of.' . . . This was formed by the division of New Garden Monthly Meeting, and comprised the two Preparative Meetings of Sadsbury and Leacock. The first meeting was held 12, 6, 1737–8."
His will is copied into Passmore (11 ff); it is also available from Chester Co: Document # 1492, Moore, Andrew, d. 1753 in Sadsbury; will available as well as inventory and accounts.
He is included on the Quaker Ancestors page. [5, 6, 7]