- [S84] Gettysburg: Culps' Hill and Cemetery Hill, Harry W. Pfanz, (Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press), see pages 293-95, 310-19 especially.
- [S106] The First and Second Maryland Infantry, C.S.A., Robert J. Driver, Jr., (Bowie, MD: Heritage Books).
- [S164] Maryland Historical Magazine, J. Reaney Kelly.
- [S200] Addresses Delivered at the Dedication of the Monument in Loudon Park Cemetery to Captain William H. Murray and His Soldiers who Fell in the Confederate War., (Baltimore: Innes & Company).
- [S622] Recollections of a Maryland Confederate Soldier and Staff Officer under Johnston, Jackson, and Lee, McHenry Howard, (Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins), 22, etc. He was a friend of McHenry Howard's.
- [S121] Tombstone Inscriptions of Southern Anne Arundel County, (Baltimore: Gateway Press), 274.
- [S208] Marriages and Deaths from the Maryland Gazette, 1727-1839, (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing), 134.